Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Freedom Day

On April 27th 1994, South Africa was freed from the clutches of aparthied. Today is the 11th anniversary of this historic event and Johannesburg is alive with energy. Where ever you go there are people wearing South African flags and in an upbeat mood. On the radio, the announcers are more lively than usual promotion various Freedom Day specials. Myself, I feel very fortunate to be able to experience this event. At the same time, I have found it hard to really join in the celebration because I was not around before freedom was declared. I did not endure the same hardships that many here have. But still, I feel lucky and excited on South Africa's day.


">

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home