Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Birthday in South Africa

On June 9th, I celebrated my 23rd birthday in South Africa. This was the first b-day I did not celebrate in Canada. At first it all was a bit weird, being away from friends and family. As the day went on, it became a bit better.

Apparently, there is a South African tradition to pour water on the person who is having the birthday. I came home for lunch and Abey and Saratu decided to continue the tradition. I was quite soaked and then Bende came home and got me again. I can't wait for someone else's birthday so I can join in myself.

In the evening, everyone made me a very Canadian birthday supper - Steak! This was the first time I have had steak since getting here so I really enjoyed it!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . .and the kenyans sang a rocking happy bday

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home